The Federal Government of Nigeria has on Wednesday, December 6, 2017 approved six new universities at the end of its Federal Executive Council’s (FEC) meeting.
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, briefed State House correspondents at the end of FEC meeting chaired by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. According to him, the approvals are a result of the memo submitted to FEC by the ministry.
Listed among the six universities is The Precious Cornerstone University (PCU) Ibadan, sponsored by The Sword of the Spirit Ministries (SOTSM). Others are:
- Admiralty University, Ibusa, Delta State
- Eko University of Medical and Health Sciences, Lagos.
- Spiritan University, Nneochi, Abia State
- Pamo University of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Atiba University, Oyo State