The Governing Council of Precious Cornerstone University (PCU), Ibadan, is seeking to fill the position of Registrar to join the rank of leadership at Precious Cornerstone University (PCU), Ibadan, as it embarks on a journey to shape up the future of the esteemed institution. Interested candidates are invited to take note of the following details about the position:
Precious Cornerstone University (PCU) is a private faith-based university, established under the auspices of The Sword of the Spirit Ministries. It received its license from the Federal Government of Nigeria on 6 December, 2017. It graduated the pioneer set of students on 11 November, 2022. The University currently operates with two faculties: the Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences and the Faculty of Social and Management Sciences. All the 12 (twelve) degree programmes available in the institution are fully accredited by the National Universities Commission.
THE POSITION: REGISTRAR
The Registrar is the Secretary to Council, Senate, Convocation and Congregation. The candidate will be the repository of the university’s documents and records. He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day running of the university.
The following are the criteria the candidate must meet:
possession of a good University education with at least a Second Class Honours degree and not less than 15 years of relevant experience in university administration;
- possession of a higher degree and membership in recognised professional bodies will be added advantage;
- applicant must have occupied the position of at least Deputy Registrar in a university for 5 years prior to his/her application;
- he/she must have sound understanding of the complexity of a university system;
- he/she must have exemplary integrity that inspires trust and confidence;
- he/she must be a unifier, building bridges between staff, students and all members of the university community as well as other stakeholders;
- he/she must possess a clear and compelling Vision for the University’s development, steering the Institution towards a brighter future;
- he/she must have robust physical and mental health to ensure the stamina and resilience required to cope with the demands of the Office of Registrar;
- he/she must show proven compliance with Information and Communication Technologies and
- his/her age should be at most 60 years at the anticipated start of duty in the last quarter of 2023.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE APPLICABLE TO THE POST
The Registrar shall hold the office for a term of FIVE (5) YEARS ONLY and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the appointment letter.
The remuneration and fringe benefits include a pension scheme as may, from time to time, be approved by the Governing Council, furnished accommodation, an official vehicle and other benefits applicable to the position.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- The application should be made in (20) copies and be accompanied by twenty (20) copies of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated. The Curriculum Vitae must contain the candidate’s Full Name with the surname in uppercase, Date of Birth, Town and State of Origin, Nationality, Religion (and Denomination), Current Postal Address (including GSM Number and Email Address), Home Address, Marital Status, Names and Ages of Children, Institutions attended with Dates, Academic Qualifications (degrees with classes: copies of certificates to be enclosed), Administrative and Managerial Experience, Awards and Membership of Academic and Professional bodies.
- The application should also include 20 copies of candidate’s Statement of Vision for the University especially the Registry, for the next FIVE years, in not more than 1000 words.
- The application should include the Names and Addresses of Three Referees. The applicant should contact each Referee to forward, direct to the Registrar, a Confidential Report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked: “Post of Registrar: Referee’s Report” at the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
- The sealed envelope(s) containing the applications should be marked “POST OF REGISTRAR” at the top left-hand corner and forwarded to reach the Registrar within four weeks of this publication.
All applications shall be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Office of the Registrar and Secretary to Governing Council, Precious Cornerstone University, Olaogun, Off Old Ife Road, Ibadan. Oyo State, Nigeria.
Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interview in August 2023.
Dr. (Mrs.) Pedetin O. Afolabi
Registrar and Secretary to the Governing Council.